Monday, September 22, 2008

Ode to a Mushroom

Disclaimer: this post will have nothing to do with mushrooms, just liked the title.

I had a fantastic Sunday!!! Even though I was incredibly sore- I walked a 5K on Saturday while walking my brother's dog, bad combo- I had a really great day. The highlight of the day after having my visiting teachers come, going to a commitee meeting, and church was choir practice!

Now I love my ward choir. Am slightly biased I will admit but I think it is one of the best choirs I have been in. I believe what really helps is 1) we have guys that show up and know how to sing and 2) most of the people in the choir have been in choirs previously so they already know how to read music.

We haven't been having choir practice in the summer because lets face it singles ward, no one is there in the summer, so we picked it up yesterday after a dry spell. I have been practically giddy all week because I knew that choir was happening on Sunday. My happiness was not wasted either! It was a great practice. Our first number we are going to sing is a fabulous arangement of 'I Need Thee Every Hour' and let me just tell you, I almost cried. We have new people in the choir and some of the tenors were amazing.

So I am happy! Not quite as happy as man happy, but pretty close.

1 comment:

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh, I miss singing in our ward choir. With little ones we spend the morning getting everyone ready... it's a two person job... sometimes we wish for many more hands to help. Enjoy every moment for me!