Monday, September 29, 2008

Ahhh, Memories.....

On Saturday some friends and I went up to SLC and saw 'My Fair Lady' at the Pioneer Theater. It was great. The actors did very well, the costumes were fabulous, and they all had good sets of pipes, which is always a must have in a musical. I was slightly distracted during part of the play however. When Eliza Doolittle is singing her little heart about how long she could have danced for, my mind had wandered off into memories. The familiar words took be back to my freshman year of High School and to the all girls choir. We sang a medley of songs that Mr Lindsey mashed together himself on two of them came from 'My Fair Lady'. I have very fond memories of choir, but we had the most awful choir outfits that year. I think most of us in the choir have suppressed the memory, but let me just say- the pants! Oh my the pants. The concept was good in theory, but the fabric we ended up getting was not stage appropriate. We looked as if we had on black garbage bags. It was really bad. Not to mention the next year we had the dresses that wouldn't wrinkle. Anyone remember those??? Ah yes, fond memories indeed!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, the pants. They were HORRID. Ah, good times, with the freshmen girls choir. :)

Erin Bigler said...

Hey come on, who doesn't want a dress that never wrinkles?