Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ode to Motherhood

To preface this post, I am not a mother, nor are there any plans to become one in the near future seeing how for me to have kids I need a husband and to have a husband I need to actually date, but that is a whole other post. Anyway, eventhough I am not a mom I have many years of babysitting under my belt and have done over nighters with my neices in the past. But the true test of my skills came this past week when I went to California and played stay-at-home mome for a week while my sister and her husband lived it up in the Cayman islands.

I bow before any of you that my be stay-at-home moms! You are amazing and have a tougher job than anyone probably gives you credit for. By day 3 I was going stir crazy. It didn't help that we were on an Army base with literally nothing around. I am not kidding. We were 30 miles from the nearest town that really wasn't that big, plus even though I could leave post, I wasn't sure I could get back on with my sister being gone becasue the gate people had not given us (me and my room mate who went with me) a visitor pass. So the week was spent inside my sister's house with some trips to the park.

I survived getting 3 kids plus myself ready for church on sunday, and to church on time, and a week of getting kids up and to school on time, and homework and piano practice completed every night. I was told a couple of time my my niece Hannah that the dinner I cooked wasn't 'that bad' and was cheared when I made them chocolate chip pancackes for dinner one night.

It was a good trip, but I was so tired when it was done and very sadly excited to go back to work. I hope I don't have to work when the children I will eventually have are small, but for now am happy with working and I give props to all you stay-at- home moms who do this every day and manage to keep you sanity as well as keep you children happy and healthy. My hat is off to you ladies. Well Done!

3 comments:

The Shepherds said...

Trudy what a great sis you are! Yes it is chaotic! I guess your hat isn't really off to me considering I haven't stayed sane and am not sure if my kids actually are healthy and happy. ;-) I still need to email you a date don't I? I'll work on it.

Erin Bigler said...

Haha, I'm questioning my own sanity as I read this, too.

Lyndsie Miles said...

I can't say that I am sane... and my kids may not be as healthy and happy as they could be... but they are alive... and they find joy in tearing apart the house... so I guess that's good. Alive and destroying all around them. =)