Sunday, February 21, 2010

Well That Was Fun

Earlier this week I was rock climbing. This was a good thing because I am required to climb once a week in addition to class to get full credit for participation. My friend Karen hooked me up with a buddy of hers named Matt who loves to climb, and we had tried for weeks to mesh schedules so that we could go together. Well on Tuesday, everything meshed and we met up to go climb.

Matt had the brilliant idea that we should try bouldering. This is rock climbing without a rope in case you didn't know. It was my first time trying this, but The Quarry where I climb has a nice bouncy floor so when you fall, you don't get hurt, or at least that is the goal. I showed up with all of my non-athleticism and fell my first time up the wall. I only fell about 2.5 feet, but Matt thought I hit my foot on one of the foot holds as I fell and as I landed, I rolled my ankle. This was the result.



Amazingly enough the foot it not broken, much to the surprise of the doctor. I do however have a level three sprain, which means I tore one ligament, possibly two, and might need surgery. I go see the doctor again in three weeks to see if everything is healing the way it is supposed to. I should stay away from sports. I really should!








2 comments:

The Shepherds said...

Poor Trudy! Practice makes perfect. But I would suggest no more rock climbing after this semester. ha ha.

Lyndsie Miles said...

You can pretend you were 25 feet up... just remove the decimal. =) That really does look painful. How's it doing now?